hair

hair

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Loving Others

One of the things I learned in my Spiritual Formation class was how to tell how we are progressing spiritually. By comparing how much we love people now to how much we have loved them in the past we can tell if we are growing in the Spirit. In other words, do i love people more today than I did yesterday? Last month? Last year? Unfortunately the answer to all of those questions is no. A few days ago I wrote about how I want to chart my progress Spiritually and that I was going to rely on God to show me what I need to work on. A couple of days later I spoke about negativity. Well, the other day God showed me that I am a lot farther away than I think. How can I tell? By how much I love others. And lately I find that I am not loving others as much as I should. Not even close. I have been mad a lot and impatient with others, easily frustrated and generally not very happy. Worst of all I find myself looking at the negative in people and quick to judge them and jump to conclusions. How do I get out of all of this? I need to look to God. Where? Scripture. It has been a long time since I have listened to the Bible on CD. I almost forgot that I have that. Starting tomorrow I will start listening to the Bible on my way to and from work again. That is just the start, but let's see where God takes me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

On the topic of Love:

Love is God's presense in the room, and if you ever want to experience what that is, simply inhale and have faith that you'll exhale...and you will know the presense of love. - Iyanla Vanzant

Therefore, I urge you to always allow God to be in your presense everywhere you are. God will always be around you, just open the door and allow him in...because Love is in the air.